Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday... is that you? o.0

So I never made it into the woman walk on Wednesday and haven't been to gym all week, my scooter is still broken sadly. Today I am definitely going to break a sweat. Cardio and circuit here I come!!! 

I have spent some of the morning doing some research on transplants and kidney donation and found that there is possibly a way to do a kidney and partial pancreas transplant which would be awesome if that could be done so Tams diabetes wouldn't be as bad as it is now. The only problem is the only hospital that does this is in Johannesburg and I'm guessing is going to be quite expensive. We finally got an appointment with the transplant doctor which is good news seen as last month I had to wait almost a month for an appointment, seems there is many people getting transplants.

My eating has been up and down today I have been craving bread like nobodies business and so I gave in and had some bread with my meat balls. I cannot wait till payday so I can buy another shake I miss my chocolatey goodness. I have no idea how people drink water when it is so cold out it just makes me even more cold when I do drink water, I'm much preferring my coffee and tea, even an app on my phone never helped me get my required amount of water in every day. 

I recently saw a post on FB where somebody was asking for help to fund their dogs operation which made me sad when I read some peoples comments (1 in particular) saying it's not right to be asking for financial help because we are supposed to budget blah blah. 

This made me think of all the times when Tam had her 1st transplant we had fundraisers because the bills were just pilling up. I really think people are wrong thinking like that. If you do not want to help just don't pay attention to it. 

We as a family never asked to be in the situation where my sister needs a new kidney because she got a disease that's a little bit hard to handle and seeing the way she is when she comes off dialysis is horrible enough to want to take it away and do anything to make it better. So yes I decided when we got the news that she could have a new transplant that I would give her that kidney she needs, why should money have to stop me from helping her, maybe it's selfish of me to want to keep her around (and healthy) for longer so we have more time together. 

Just something I have to think of... 

Have an awesome weekend all. If anybody is reading this. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment